Ngong Ping Village and The Big Buddha




























Today Emily and I visited the Ngong Ping Village on Lantau Island through a little trip we had booked and it was the best day ever! We woke up quite early and headed off on bus which took a while to get there but it was a really scenic drive. We got to the village and walked around and it was so cute and authentic. It made me think of what little Asian villages would have looked like many years ago. We first went to the temples and praying areas and everyone was so calm and quiet. There were so many incense sticks burning too that made the place feel extra religious. The temple inside itself was amazing; with massive statues and traditional carvings on the walls. Behind the main temple was also the thousand Buddha temple, which was honestly incredible. I think one of the best things about today was that I had no idea where I was going, and therefore I had no idea what to expect. I did not google anything and so arriving at this village and seeing the thousand buddha site was just so breathtaking! 

We then continued to walk around and we saw two of the cutest dogs, and we named them Harry and Sally. To walk up to the Buddha statue, we climbed about 268 stairs. I swear there are so many stairs everywhere in Hong Kong. The view was amazing from the top, especially with the surrounding ocean and cliff sides. It didn't feel like I was in Hong Kong, but rather some isolated village in the middle of nowhere. After that, we went to a little fishing village nearby, but there will be another whole blog post about that as well. As for now, I am so tired :P

XxXxXx

Comments

Popular Posts