Wong Tai Sin Temple














I stumbled across the Wong Tai Sin Temple during one of my walks a couple of weeks ago. We had no idea it was even there until we saw so many people walking in and out of the temple. Since I was there, I thought why not go and have a look? It was really amazing. People took so much pride and value for their temple. It was so clean and orderly and everyone seemed so welcoming to us non local  people. 

We watched people as they carried out their traditions of praying, a lot of them bringing along incense sticks up to the temple. It reminded me a lot of my own Indian culture actually and our traditions and ways of carrying out prayers at the temples. I believe there are many similarities. 

It was really nice being able to go to a temple here in Hong Kong and seeing the culture and customs in a different country. I love stumbling across places like these, ones that I didn't mean to see but was so very glad to have been able to visit. 

XxXxXx

Comments

Popular Posts