Quite Possibly My Favourite Place Ever

























This would have to be my favourite place we visited last weekend in China! It was called Lingnan Tiandi, in Foshan. It is a recent mixed use outdoor development that consist of retail and food in the repurposed historic buildings and new buildings that mimic the more traditional buildings. It was honestly one of the most beautiful places. With the quietness, the canopy covering trees and people walking around carrying colourful umbrellas because of the misting rain, it made for a gorgeous evening. 

We were there for over a couple of hours and we just explored and this is also where the Hello Kitty Cafe from my last blog was located. There were so many shops, some cafes and lots of restaurants and bars. And despite so many people being there, it was still so nice and peaceful. Possibly because it felt like a little European traditional village and pedestrian strips, without the noise and hassle of all the cars. I think it added to the whole feel of the place and made it so much more enjoyable. 

I was so obsessed, I took so many pictures, and these ones on the blog are not even all of them haha. :P 

I'm not really a person to buy souvenirs as such, but towards the end we walked past this really nice shop, that had small cute little gift presents or even just some nice home decorations. We went in and I was so tempted to buy all the 100 different types of terrariums they had. If only I could take some back home! But I looked around and they had amazing jewellery holders, makeup mirrors, ring holders, notebooks and diaries and so many other things. I fell in love with a textured baby pink and ivory photo frame and I knew I needed it for when I re-decorate my room. So that is sort of my souvenir from China and hopefully it will remind me of my visit to Foshan. 

Anyway, there is still more to come from China...

XxXxXx



Comments

Popular Posts